Modable
  • I wonder if Energy Hook will be modable?
  • What I intend to do at some point is release a core piece of Energy Hook so Unity enthusiasts can build fan levels and assets for it - probably using Steam Workshop as a hub. And then I'll take some of the most popular work and roll it back into the main game.
    Not sure how much I'll release or exactly how that'll work.
  • Yay!
    And when will you release it on steam?
  • Not sure. Sometime after 60 Second Shooter Prime ships and before I'm willing to call it 1.0 - I will do at least a bit of Early Access. Workshop will come later.
  • tf2 style updates! :D a couple new things at a time and then an item drop system and then super rare items and then economy :D
    obviously only on the pc version because you cant do item trading and cross game economies anywhere but steam :D
  • "tf2 style updates! :D a couple new things at a time and then an item drop system and then super rare items and then economy :D
    obviously only on the pc version because you cant do item trading and cross game economies anywhere but steam :D"

No. The trading aspect can be done locally on consoles but it would require some kind of outside server to handle it after hours of negociating.
    Oh, and Jamie, I'm working on a map right now for shits and giggles. What format do you export your maps to?
  • Energy Hook maps? Usually I take smaller assets (buildings, etc) and put them together in Unity, and export as Unity scene files. If you've made a large map in another modeling program such as Maya or Max, chances are Unity will be able to import it, though.
  • Okie dokie.
  • Wait, what are the dimensions of the player?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook